How to Shrink Fitted Hats: Tips Tricks
Fitted hats are great fashion accessories that can accentuate your style add a touch of personality to your outfit. However sometimes the hat may not fit as tightly as you want it to you may not be comfortable wearing it. Luckily you can easily shrink your fitted hat to make it fit better. Here are some tips tricks on how to shrink fitted hats.
Materials You’ll Need
Before you begin shrinking your fitted hat make sure you have the following materials:
– A bucket or sink
– Hot water
– A towel
– A hairdryer
– A cotton fabric or hat stretcher (optional)
Shrinking the Hat
Follow these easy steps to shrink your fitted hat:
1. Fill a bucket or sink with hot water. Make sure the water is not boiling as this can damage the hat’s fabric.
2. Soak the hat in the hot water for about 10 minutes. This will help the fabric loosen become more pliable.
3. Take out the hat from the hot water wring it gently to remove excess water.
4. Place the hat on a towel press it gently to absorb more water. Do not twist or wring the hat as this can deform the brim.
5. Use a hairdryer to dry the hat while wearing it. Ensure you blow dry the hat evenly to avoid shrinking one part more than another.
6. If the hat still feels loose after shrinking use a cotton fabric or hat stretcher to stretch its size.
– Avoid using boiling water as this can damage the hat’s fabric deform its shape.
– Do not use a washing machine to shrink your fitted hat as this can damage the hat make it unusable.
– Before soaking the hat in hot water make sure it’s made of a fabric that can withstthe heat.
– Avoid using high heat to dry the hat. Instead use a hairdryer on low-to-medium heat setting for best results.
– To avoid shrinking the brim dry the hat while wearing it to retain its original shape.
Shrinking your fitted hat can provide you with a better fit offer more comfort while wearing it. Follow the tips tricks listed above to achieve the perfect fit for your fitted hat. Happy shrinking!
Discussion about this post